Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Storybook Favorites


How I Met Your Mother

The first storybook I am choosing is "How I Met Your Mother." The stories revolve around three different ancient Indian fathers telling their children how they met the children's mother. I enjoyed the television show withe the same name, so I am excited to see the spin that these stories put on it. They all seem like funny, entertaining and feel-good stories that seem to put a modern twist on the Mahabharata. The site was easy to navigate with each story in a different tab on the side of the page. 
King Shantanu Meets Ganga (Vintage Fine Arts Prints)

Vishnu's Bedtime Stories

This storybook is a collection of bedtimes stories told to the baby version of the Hindu god, Vishnu. He is being told three different stories about who he was in his past lives because he is about to be reborn for the final time into his most important life ever. These stories tell Vishnu what he did in his past lives and show him what he's learned so that he can truly accomplish his goal in his next life. These stories seem interesting and the design of the page is easy to navigate with each bedtime story in its own tab on the side of the page.
Krishna as a Child ( Maruthoorkonam Mahadeva Temple)

















Rate My Rishi 
The final storybook that sparked my interest was "Rate My Rishi". The storybook is set up like the website "Rate My Professor". This storybook is definitely a comedic one and has fake ratings of different sage, gurus and rishis. I enjoyed the navigation of this one and liked the pictures on the tabs of each different spiritual leader. It was easy to navigate. The comments on each leader were really funny too, it even included a "hotness" option.
Maharishi (blog de la klavaza)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these, Tib. I liked the rate my professor one too! It looks as if that student put a lot of effort into making their project realistic and similar to the actual rate my professor site. As for the How I Met Your Mother one, I've never seen that show, so it wasn't as easy for me to follow. I have had to many people recommend it to me, and I know it is a favorite of many, so I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, Tib: I am glad you found projects that caught your attention. The whole world of the epics is usually new to students, and exploring the old projects is one of the best ways to see what kinds of characters and stories are part of the epic world. The whole "past lives" thing is a great storytelling option that is part of the Indian tradition; you can see the ten main avatars of Vishnu here... animals and humans and in-between: Dashavatara ... Rama, the hero of the epic Ramayana, is one of those avatars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tib, I also found the rate my professor example to be intriguing. I think that their hard work really showed through. It would be interesting to look into the Bedtime Stories one, because of the creativity in the writing style. Since you enjoy humor, I found some funny dating website themed pages that you would probably get a kick out of. I'll definitely need to check these out!

    ReplyDelete