Tuesday, January 9, 2018

My Favorite Place

One of, if not my favorite, favorite places is Laity Lodge Youth Camp, a summer camp that I attended as a kid and worked at as a counselor in college. This faith-based summer camp was where I learned to let loose, break out of my shell and make my faith my own. I've formed many relationships with people I've worked with and attended camp with and learned to work with and lead cabins of my own. Not to mention, Laity Lodge is in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, located in a valley miles from any internet access or cellphone service.
(Laity Lodge HEB Family Foundation)

2 comments:

  1. Tib, Laity Lodge sounds like a great camp experience! I too grew up going to faith-based summer camps, I went to Kanakuk as a kid and it was something I looked forward to every summer. I have never been a counselor before though! I am not sure I have the energy and patience to do something like that, so props to you for being passionate enough to help lead others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that you found a picture of the camp, Tib! Very cool! And I can't quite tell what they are doing there but it looks kind of like the Indian festival of Holi where people throw the colored powders; it's a famous festival both in modern India, and you can even see it reflected in traditional Indian art too: Radha and the gopis celebrating Holi. More about Holi at Wikipedia. :-)

    ReplyDelete